Your membership provides us with encouragement and financial support to:
- Publish the Communities Directory and Communities magazine.
- Produce Art of Community conferences and Community Dialog events.
- Run this online store, including Community Bookshelf, specializing in books and publications on cooperative living.
- Operate our web site, www.ic.org, as a resource for tens of thousands of viewers every month.
- Loan money to community businesses.
- Answer zillions of queries every year on how to find people with similar values, how to find land, how to find information about collective ownership, sustainable living, economic and labor systems, and an endless variety of topics.
FIC Members Receive:
- FIC Newsletter, first notice of all our projects and the chance to get in early on whatever strikes your fancy!
- 10% discount on most publications and occasional other items.
- Reduced program fees for Art of Community conferences.
- Mailed invitations to our semi-annual organizational meetings, held in rotating locations throughout North America.
- Discount on advertising in Communities magazine.
All these goodies aside, we believe the biggest membership benefit is the knowledge that you are helping build the communities movement in North America and world wide!
Membership contributions are tax deductible.
- To sign up for a multiple-year membership, please add your membership to the shopping cart, and then change the quantity in the shopping cart to the number of years you want.
- Membership discounts in this store are available to individual members, and to individuals whose community is a member.